A lovely person by the name of Dawn gave me a blog award yesterday.
Her reason for giving it pretty much made my week. I found it especially delightful when looking at her glowing recommendations of other bloggers she gave the award to. Mine is short, but oh so sweet. (Go look. Now. I’ll wait.)
In the spirit of blog awardishness, I will do as I am told and tell you 7 things about me.
- At the age of four, I was kidnapped. No really. A couple of punk teenagers grabbed me from our backyard and ran into the woods. Want more of the story? Maybe I’ll blog about it later.
- I am of Italian and Cuban descent. And my Italian grandfather claims we are part Jewish because he was nursed by a Jewish woman. Apparently that passes through the breast milk. Who knew?
- I am the least funny kid in a group of five siblings. I am not being humble. It is a plain and simple truth. I am the comparatively quiet and unfunny middle child.
- I won the “Slacker of the Year” award from the National Honor Society in high school. I was honored, although it’s possible that I was supposed to be insulted.
- I am not the neatest person in the world, yet I practically fold my laundry BEFORE I wash it. During the sorting process. I think I have some rare form of selective OCD.
- Since I was fairly young, I thought that there were cameras watching me when I was by myself. If I was pretending, dancing, singing, I would stop abruptly and scan the walls and ceiling trying to figure out where the camera was so I could hide from it. Now that I am grown and there is a webcam sitting on my desk, my fear is that it is secretly on, broadcasting to some mystery audience. Somewhere, there is a group of people critiquing my singing of Showtunes, hair unkempt, sporting sweatpants.
- I have conversations in my head. A lot. With other people. This is why I write. I might go crazy in there otherwise.
There you have it. Aren’t you glad you stuck around for that?
At this point, I am supposed to pass this award along. I’ll be honest, I get anxiety whenever I am supposed to be doing a Follow Friday on Twitter. Who did I forget? Who is going to hate me after this? Giving this award out may very well kill me.
Since I have a lot to do and an anxiety attack doesn’t quite fit into the schedule, I am going to take the opportunity to send some blog love to just two places today. You can also count this as a bonus bullet point. Meet the two most amazing friends and roommates a girl could have:
Girl Parker – My first Seattle roommate. Took me in without ever meeting me, and became one my very best friends ever. Give out hugs and butt kickings as needed. As an added bonus, she is a writer, too, so she understands my madness.
PTY to SEA – Girl Parker and I moved into a bigger apartment with this wonderful lady (the long time best friend of GP) and somehow, I gained another amazing friend. Even with one bathroom. A friend you can comfortably sit in silence with and just read or knit is a very special kind of friend. And a friend you can travel with and not hate by the end of the trip is even more special. (TOPE!)
The only thing I don’t have in my large family is a big sister. I was fortunate enough to find TWO.
So, my passing of a “blog award” (ew…that sounds painful) is more of an award for awesomeness and friendship and everything else there ever was.
Ok. That’s a bit much. But really, these are too incredible people. And, did I mention, entertaining bloggers?
Currently Listening to: Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus